The 25th Micromechanics Europ (MME) was organized by ITU-MEMS in Istanbul between August 31 and September 3, 2014.
The MME workshop is a well established and recognized European event in the field of Micromachining, Microengineering and Technology for the realization of micro-sensors and -actuators. At the MME workshop scientists and people from industry interested in the field gather annually. The goals are stimulation and improvement of know-how in the field, as well as the establishment of cooperation and friendship between all delegates.
Some of invited speackersin the 25th MME workshop were:
- Michael de Volder, Cambridge UK, "Capillary Forces and Carbon Nanotube Assemblies"
- Helene Andersson Svahn, KTH Sweden, "Micro- and nano-fluidic devices for biotech and medical applications"
- Robert Puers, KU Leuven, Belgium "How to improve the acceptance of scientific papers"
- Levent Yobas, HKUST, Hong Kong "Silicon-based microsystems: from cells to molecules"
MME-2014 has covered the areas of materials, processing technology and devices. The organising committee received and published the subjects related to Micromachining, Micromechanics and Microsystems, including:
- Fabrication technologies and processes
- Materials - Design and simulation tools
- Microcomponent packaging and solutions
- Device and process characterization
- Sensing and actuation applications
- Microfluidic components and systems
- System integration of MEMS, NEMS, RF MEMS and MOEMS
- Bio MEMS